Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A good coat of paint..

.. has been applied to 245 Collins St, next door to Newspaper House. I don't know much about the origins of the building, I would guess it dates to the 1910s or roundabouts. I also recall before the paint was applied there were some funny sketchy paintings on the side of the building, I'm sure I have a photo but I can't find it.

Before (clearly I was actually taking a photo of newspaper house, ignoring its shabby next door neighbour):

After:



And a last picture that shows how the vibrant green of the tiles now 'pops out', pity about the ugly awning though.

1 comment:

  1. In the early/mid 70's that building was The House Of Merivale & Mr.John (Hemmes) and I would guess that's when it went pink.
    Later (78-80)it was an Ian or John Morrey hair salon (and Tammy Fraser was a client - I used to work in Newspaper House and saw her arrive more than once) and this salon is connected to The Boys Next Door getting their first gig. Strange but true.

    ReplyDelete

Hit Counter